Name: Design for All Protocol
Identifier: Not applicable
Issuing Organisation: CEN and CENELEC
Organization website (opens in new window): http://www.cencenelec.eu/
Link to standard (opens in new window): ftp://ftp.cencenelec.eu/EN/EuropeanStandardization/Fields/Accessibility/DfA/protocol/Doc_1TheProtocol.pdf
Availability: Free to Access
Issue Year: 2017
Forward Review Date: Not known
Fields: Assistive Technologies Built Environment and Outdoor Spaces Communication and Information Digital Health Engagement, Inclusion and Citizenship Health and Wellbeing Housing and Care Facilities Travel, Transport, and Mobility
Intended Audiences: Third (Voluntary) Sector Bodies, Private Sector Bodies, Professional and Trade Bodies, and Governmental and Public Sector Bodies
This is a methodology, called ‘Protocol’, that helps Technical Bodies or standardizers to decide if and how accessibility following a ‘Design for All’ approach should be addressed when reviewing an existing, or developing a new standardization project.
The ‘Protocol‘ (ftp://ftp.cencenelec.eu/EN/EuropeanStandardization/Fields/Accessibility/DfA/protocol/Doc_1TheProtocol.pdf) may be used at any stage of the standardization process.
Relevance to Active and Healthy Ageing: High
Older Person Specific: No
Usage / Adoption status: All CEN and CENELEC TCs are invited to use this methodology. This document supports the European Policies regarding accessibility and usability, and was developed under M/473 of the EC.
This “Protocol” is given as a help for standards developers to identify is accessibility is relevant to the products and/or services relevant to the documents they produce.
The ‘Protocol’ process is explained by a series of documents available to the public:
– Understanding when accessibility following a Design for All approach is relevant (ftp://ftp.cencenelec.eu/EN/EuropeanStandardization/Fields/Accessibility/DfA/protocol/Doc_2_%20Understanding.pdf). Examples of context of use, environmental and human limitations where accessibility following a ‘Design for All’ approach is necessary.
– The Protocol and how to use it (ftp://ftp.cencenelec.eu/EN/EuropeanStandardization/Fields/Accessibility/DfA/protocol/Doc_3_HowToUseIt.pdf)
– The Protocol Form (Format I) (ftp://ftp.cencenelec.eu/EN/EuropeanStandardization/Fields/Accessibility/DfA/protocol/Doc_4_TheProtocol-Form_Format1.docx)
– The Protocol Form (Format II) (ftp://ftp.cencenelec.eu/EN/EuropeanStandardization/Fields/Accessibility/DfA/protocol/Doc_5_TheProtocol-Form_Format2_AlternativeFormat.docx)
– Explanation on Direct and indirect relevance in Standardization (ftp://ftp.cencenelec.eu/EN/EuropeanStandardization/Fields/Accessibility/DfA/protocol/Doc_6_Relevance.pdf)
We are sorry that this content was not useful for you!
Let us improve this content!
Tell us how we can improve this content?