Name: Initial code of conduct for data-driven health and care technology
Identifier: Not Applicable
Issuing Organisation: Department of Health and Social Care UK
Country: United Kingdom
Organization website (opens in new window): https://www.gov.uk/government/
Link to standard (opens in new window): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/code-of-conduct-for-data-driven-health-and-care-technology/initial-code-of-conduct-for-data-driven-health-and-care-technology
Availability: Free to Access
Type: Code of Conduct
Issue Year: 2018
Forward Review Date: Not known
Intended Audiences: Older People, Carers, Third (Voluntary) Sector Bodies, Private Sector Bodies, Professional and Trade Bodies, and Governmental and Public Sector Bodies
The code outlines 10 key principles for safe and effective digital innovations, and 5 commitments from the government to ensure that the health and care system is ready and able to adopt new and innovative technology at scale. These are based on a significant amount of engagement with industry, research and academia, and are designed to create a trusted environment for data-driven technologies.
This is the initial version of the code. We want to work openly and in partnership to develop it, so that by following the principles it outlines, we in the health and care sector can collectively:
- help build a safe ecosystem for digital health and intelligent algorithms
- demonstrate that we have appropriate safeguards
- raise standards by establishing best practice
- show evidence of transparency and accountability
- create a competitive advantage for the NHS and UK health and care market
- build partnerships between health and care providers, their patients, service users and staff, industry and academia to ensure that all benefit from the enormous potential of digital innovation to improve lives and grow the economy
Relevance to Active and Healthy Ageing: Medium
Older Person Specific: No
Usage / Adoption status: Not known
How useful was this content?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this content was not useful for you!
Let us improve this content!
Thanks for your feedback!