The STAIR-AHA is the new platform coordinating the standardisation community in relation to digital goods and services that support active and healthy ageing
Read the 1st STAIR-AHA statement
Towards a new approach to standards that support active and healthy ageing
to engage with users of all age groups
A new approach to standards can only arise in the frame of a context in which standards for products or services that support Active and Healthy Ageing take account of the real needs and preferences of older people. This involves setting out new, often co-productive, approaches that facilitate the positive engagement of older people in the standardisation process, and promoting standards where such approaches are in evidence. This is the role of the newly established STAndards, Innovation and Research collaboration platform for Active and Healthy Ageing (STAIR-AHA).
The STAIR-AHA brings together standardisers, researchers and innovators as well as policy makers and relevant societal organisations and representatives of older persons to discuss and identify standardisation needs and opportunities for a specific area of concern. The platform is not intended to develop standard-like documents but recommendations for future action.
To participate in the STAIR-AHA, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the STAIR-AHA Registration document
- Download the STAIR-AHA Statement (Jan. 2019)
- Read our article and the report of the 2nd STAIR-AHA meeting (Jan. 2019)
- Read our article and the report of the 1st STAIR-AHA meeting (Oct. 2018)
- Read about STAIR Platforms* on CEN-CENELEC website
* All STAIR platforms are officially recognised and established within the framework of the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) and the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC).